A sexy looking stomach is the most looked after look for men and women. You hear so much talk about six pack abs and how to get them.
The truth is you have to be at a low body fat percentage to have a six pack. Six pack abs start with a strong core.
There are a number of core muscle exercises you can do to achieve a stunning body which includes getting ripped abs. So let's take a look.
1) Plank – There is no better way to build your core strength than using planks. Get in push up position and then hold it for as long as you can. I have heard of people being able to do planks for 10 minutes straight without stopping. That is crazy strong.
For newbies start doing planks for at least 1 minute, break for one minute, then do another. Rinse and repeat for as many reps as you can. Occasionally you will be able to do 5+ minutes solid without stopping.
2) Hanging Leg Raise – Hang from a chin up bar. Bring your legs up to a 90 degree angle to your body. Remember not to swing your body to gain momentum and to keep your toes pointing up.
3) Twisting Crunch – Better than the regular traditional crunch since it hits all of your abdominal muscles in one exercise.
To do a twist crunch, lie on the floor with your knees facing up with hands behind your head elbows facing out. Bring one elbow up toward the opposite knee to get a full abdominal and oblique contraction. Switch from left arm to right arm.
4) Superman – Lye down on your belly. Fully extend your body with only your stomach touching the ground. Flex your arms, core, and legs. If belly fat is your kryptonite then do supermans to rid yourself of it.
5) Side Plank – Lie on your side in a straight line. One elbow perpendicular to your body and at your shoulder, put opposite hand on your hip. Raise your body up, hold for a second then bring back down. Side planks help to target those hard to get obliques aka love handles.
When you have a strong core you will have less injuries, a stronger back, better balance and future. But of course you will have a nice looking six pack. A stunning body awaits you if you do the core muscle exercises mentioned.