When it comes to working out you always have options. Doing bodyweight exercises gives you options even when you do not have weights to use. That makes working out at home easier even with little space to work with.
So what are some bodyweight exercises you can do to get a stunning body with your new body workout routine?
1) Push Up – The most well know and most used bodyweight exercise is the push up. It is a great exercise to build a strong upper body.
If you are just beginning working out you might want to start doing pushups with your knees on the ground until you build your strength up. There is no shame in that. Everybody is in a different place in their fitness quest.
2) Chin Up – Another very commonly used bodyweight exercise is the chin up. All you need is a chin up bar, if you do not have a chin up bar you can use a low lying rafter somewhere, make sure it is secure.
If you need assistance use a chair to help you get through the reps until you are ready to do regular chin ups.
3) Chair Dips – Another great exercise to attack your upper body. Chair dips work your triceps, shoulders, and chest. Be careful if you do too many you will wish you did not the next day or two.
4) Rows – This is a little different than the other examples on the list. Do this one if you do not have a pull up bar handy.
Lie under your kitchen table, chest at the edge of the table, pull yourself up as high as you can to the bottom of your table. Be careful when doing this, if you do not have a very sturdy kitchen table do not attempt this exercise. Your significant other would not like it at dinner time if there is no kitchen table to eat on because of your morning workout.
5) Squats – The first few exercises mentioned target body upper, but squats when done properly blast your lower body. There are plenty of variations of squats.
Including: regular squat, pistol squat, split squat jump, prison squat, sumo squat, lateral squat, Bulgarian squat. Some of the names are pretty hilarious.
6) Lunges – A close cousin of squats, lunges are an excellent bodyweight exercise to build strength in your legs. Do squats and lunges regularly and watch your leg strength explode.
7) Step Up – Have one leg on a higher elevation than the other. Step the lower leg up to where the higher leg is. Inhale as you lower exhale as you are coming up. Do about 8-12 reps per leg.
There you have it a great full body workout routine using bodyweight exercises. You can build strength with your upper and lower body in just one workout. How cool is that? Get busy burning those unwanted calories.