One of the best ways to increase your energy and stamina is through the consumption of antler velvet extract. The deer antler velvet is second to ginseng in providing therapeutic benefits in traditional Chinese medicine. Moreover, its benefits have already been widely known for several centuries, and now, its fame is spreading through the globe. In this article, we will examine the benefits, efficiency, and issues relating to the extraction of velvet deer antlers.
What Is Antler Velvet Extract?
The velvet antler is the cartilaginous antler harvested during the precalcified stage. This part of a deer is cut off from the base when it is about 2/3 of its full-grown size. Further calibration is preceded through this procedure. Afterwards, the antler is dried under the sun, then powdered and made into an extract. The extract comes from elk or red deer whose antlers growly grow from March until July. Most of the extract comes from New Zealand, while a small percentage is made in America. The antler velvet has been used in many health maintenance concoctions and remedies. It has several vitamins and minerals that can help boost stamina, reduce infection, and treat other ailments. The list below consists of all the vitamins and minerals found in the velvet antler:
- Glucosamine sulfate – anti-inflammatory, building block of cartilage
- Chondroitin sulfate – adhesives fluid into the proteoglycan and supports the cartilage with enzymes
- Monoamine-Oxidase Inhibitors – advances mood
- Prostaglandin – anti-inflammatory
- Selenium – lessens infections and supports the heart, liver, blood cells, and lungs
- Bone morphogenetic protein – speeds bone growth
- Insulin-like Growth Factor (IGF-1) – aids in cell development within the cartilage
Many studies have discovered that the velvet antler can be an alternative treatment for osteoarthritis symptoms. The velvet antler is also a potent substance for enhancing vitality, increased immune function, cardiovascular health, and slowing premature aging.
Therapeutic Benefits of the DeerVelvet Extract
Recent research has found that the antler velvet consists of several compounds that stimulate the immune system, help anti-inflammatory agents, and growth growth. The following are the therapeutic benefits you can get from the velvet antler extract:
- Addresses issues of high cholesterol, hypertension, osteoporosis, and fatigue.
- Increases level of estrogen and testosterone, thereby enhancing sexual drive, sexual function and interest in sexual activity.
- If used with an herbal combination, it can improve athletic performance and enhance hearing and eyesight.
Lastly, the use of antler velvet extract as a natural supplement can provide health benefits for children and adults. In comparison to prescription drugs, there are lower chances of experiencing side effects when using antler velvet.